The Condominiums at Brightside Manor Homeowners' Association
Back to Meeting Minutes
1st Annual Meeting Minutes
Meeting place: Bluebonnet Regional Library in Baton Rouge
Time of meeting: 7:00 p.m.
Steve Hayden made motion to start meeting, there was a second motion. Meeting was called to order.
Kathy Muro volunteered to take minutes.
Meeting Started at 7:15 pm, 20 Total attendees.
- Everyone introduced themselves, stated names, where from and purpose for condo occupancy.
- Agenda: Mr. Hayden addressed the need for election of Board of Directors. There is 5 members needed for a 1 year term to see that property at Brightside Manor is maintained and run properly. The question was asked, how often should board meet? It was suggested that we have at least one annual meeting, with the next one being January 31, 2007. It was also suggested that there be a board meeting at least every two months, with a monthly statement required for each month.
- Reviewed: An income and expense handout was prepared by Mr. Hayden for the period ending 12/31/05. Roof repairs are needed and the board will need to discuss this further. Currently there appears to be 3 roofs in need of repair at approximately $4500.00 per roof.
Discussions On The Table
- Importance of Monthly Dues: Currently 1 delinquent member.
- Property Value: Approximately $105,000 per unit, based on current sales. However, we may be able to ask more if it is a cash sale and property is maintained properly.
- Flood Insurance: Although units are believed to not be in a flood zone and flood insurance may not be required by most mortgage companies, flood insurance is cheap at approximately $109.00 per unit and may be a good idea.
- Homeowners Insurance: Unit occupants need to cover their own interior liability, however the outside is covered.
- Community water bill: Important to keep costs down by maintaining toilets and outside faucets from running unnecessarily.
- Building Security: Ronnie Smith of unit 1686 B is available for us to call, and his number is posted on our buildings.
- Dumpster: Problem of overflowing. Currently we have contracted to have pick up twice a week on Tuesdays and Fridays. This problem needs further discussion. A possible solution would be to add a pick up date, or hire one person to do the job.
- Ruts in grass: May need sand to fill ruts in grass, especially across from building 1670.
- Unattended Cars: Should be removed due to liabilities.
- Lighting issues: Building lights are the responsibility of the Association. However, burned out lights on poles should be reported to Entergy.
- Fence Issues: Contact Mr. Hayden for maintenance issues.
Meeting ended at 8:30 pm.
- Possibly taking on building of rental units to be included as part of the Association to control the quality of maintenance of those units since they are directly connected to our property and affect our appearance as well. This subject will be voted on at a future board meeting.
- Mr. Hayden made motion to ask for volunteers for board member nominees including President, 1st and 2nd Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. There was a second motion to start this process.
Those nominated for board are:
James Snelson of 1682 B
Rick Bond of 1670 A
Johnathan Hobbs of 1718 A
Paul Rappmundt of 1734 B
Greg Muro of 1670 D
Positions will be voted on at the next meeting.
- A website will be formed and maintained by Mr. Hayden for the Association. Meeting dates and times will be posted on this website as well as minutes of all meetings.
- Next board meeting to be held on Tuesday, February 7, 2006 at Mike Andersons Restaurant on W. Lee at 6:00 pm.
- A motion was made to close the meeting. There was a second to this motion.