The Condominiums at Brightside Manor Homeowners' Association
Back to Meeting Minutes
2nd Annual Meeting Minutes
Meeting place: Bluebonnet Regional Library in Baton Rouge
Time of meeting: 7:00 p.m.
Meeting was conducted by our association manager Mr. Steve Hayden.
Our existing board members are:
Kathy Muro took minutes, with Greg Muro, association Secretary.
- Rick Bond as President.
- Greg Leumas 1st Vice President.
- Paul Rappmundt 2nd Vice President.
- Johnathan Hobbs as Treasurer.
- Greg Muro as Secretary.
Meeting Started at 7:00 p.m.
Meeting ended at 8:00p.m.
Next meeting date and time to be announced.
- Association President, Rick Bond welcomed everyone to meeting, there was a motion to start the meeting, a second was made, and the meeting was called to order.
- Opening of meeting: Everyone introduced themselves, stated names, where from and purpose for condo occupancy.
- Agenda: Mr. Hayden addressed the need for the election of a new 1st Vice President, since James Snelson had to resign from the Board of Directors.
- Mr. Greg Leumas volunteered for 1st vice president position. There was a motion to accept, all were in favor, and Mr. Leumas was named as 1st Vice President of our Board of Directors.
- Reviewed: Income and expense report for period ending 12/31/06. Also, reviewed the new proposed budget for 2007. A motion was made to accept the budget for 2007, and budget was approved.
- Approved: A vote was taken to bring building 1734 into our association and was approved by the general membership with over 2/3's vote. Our association now has 84 units.
- There was in increase in monthly condo fees to $105.00 per month to build a little reserve for unforeseen expenses. It had been $90.00 since the inception of the association. Management fees per condo increased to $6.25 per condo, from a previous $5.00.
- Discussed increase in insurance premium, for which we are glad to still have insurance after the last hurricane season.
- Building Maintenance and improvements: Buildings 1682 and 1684 should have roofs repaired within the net two months.
- The average blown in attic insulation cost is $300.00, and may help cut down on your electric bills. We will be posting the name of the company who does blown insulation on our website. Also, a turbine may help to let some of the heat out. The average cost to install a wind blown turbine is $200.00. Insulated windows may be installed, as long as the exterior appearance of the building does not change. Some units have chosen to install insulated screens.
- Property Value: One unit recently sold for $120,000.00, though the average for the last three units sold was $118,000.00. If updated some are getting as much as $900.00 per month rent. If not updated, $600.00 per month rent.
- Building Security: Ronnie Smith, our security guard, of unit 1688B is available for us to call, his number is posted on our buildings. He is a city police detective.
- Dumpster: Problem of overflowing. The situation has improved, since the signs to put your trash in the dumpster have been posted. Also, Heather Jackson, a member of the association is checking into recycling arrangements, for those who wish to participate.
- Ruts in grass: Please do not park on the grass, as this causes permanent damage which will cost money to repair. Also the idea was proposed to post signs stating, Tenant Parking Only-All Others Will Be Towed, to prevent neighboring business and condos from parking in our spaces.
- Lighting issues: Building lights are the responsibility of the association, contact Gail Barnett for lights out on our buildings. However, burned out lights on poles should be reported to Entergy.
- A motion was made to close the meeting. There was a second to this motion.