The Condominiums at Brightside Manor Homeowners' Association
Back to Meeting Minutes
3rd Annual Meeting Minutes
Meeting place: Bluebonnet Regional Library in Baton Rouge
Time of meeting: 7:00 p.m.
Meeting was conducted by Steve Hayden - Association Manager.
Board attendees were as follows:
Kathy Muro took minutes, with Greg Muro, association Secretary.
- Greg Leumas - President,
- Jonathan Hobbs - Treasurer,
- Greg Muro - Secretary
- Paul Rappmundt - Vice President was unable to attend however, he sent his proxy.
Meeting Started at 7:00 p.m.
- Association Manager, Steve Hayden welcomed everyone to meeting, there was a motion to start the meeting, a second was made, and the meeting was called to order.
- Everyone introduced themselves, stated names, where from and purpose for condo occupancy. There were 16 attendees in all.
- Greg Leumas went over last year's 2nd Annual Meeting minutes. We then had 80 units in our association. We now have 84 units.
- Greg Leumas conducted a president's report with an overview for our 3rd Annual Meeting which included:
- Roofing: All units have been re-roofed.
- There has been no insurance increases in insurance from 2006, 2007 to 2008.
- Discussed ways to decrease garbage pick up costs.
- Average sale of units has been $117,500.00 this past year.
- Eighteen buildings still need turbines. End Units need turbines.
- Over the course of the year the intention is for 36 turbines to be installed. At $125.00 each, that is $250.00 per building. 1682A and 1718A now have turbines. The balance will have turbines installed.
- Jonathan Hobbs went over income and expenses for 2007 report. We had an increase in garbage from $15 to $19 per unit per month. In front of your own units, if you see trash on lawn, please pick up.
- We discussed the need of a guardrail, or some sort of reflectors at the turn into Brightside Manor Units.
- Also, discussed the problem of people not picking up after their dogs. Please pick up poop when your dog goes. We are looking into getting signs to remind people to "Pick up Poop".
- Call association about rotting wood on siding (225) 751-0093, or any other exterior problems such as broken parking bumpers with rebar exposed. Some exterior faucets are leaking and need to be changed.
- Homeowners are responsible for their own hot water heaters and broken windows. Association is only responsible for exterior window frame.
- We discussed cutting energy costs, by getting blown in attic insulation. It is about $350.00 per unit. Installers may be found in the yellow pages. Also, a zippered attic door cover may help cut utility costs. Homeowners are responsible for these as well as weather stripping which may also help to keep out mice and insects, if they wish to do so.
- We discussed Programming for security systems, this is also homeowners' responsibility.
- Heather Jackson was checking into recycling last year, Jonathan Hobbs will continue check into it.
- We have had improvements on our roadway from last year.
- You may contact Southland about floodlights on buildings, if they are burned out or broken they will fix them, however pole lights are the responsibility of Entergy and may be reported to them.
Meeting ended at: 8:35 p.m.
Our next meeting will be announced.
- There was a motion to go over next years budget, a second was made, so we went over the budget.
- For our complex and the units behind us which is Varn Villa, we are responsible for 48% of cost for sewer. This has been an ongoing expense since the year 2000 that they have not yet billed us for. The actual amount owed is approximately $56,000.00. We are prepared to offer them $20,000.00. They have agreed to pay approximately $40,000.00 for repairs to the sewerage system, of which $24,000.00 will be our portion if agreed upon. This would be an assessment of $200.00 per unit. We will notify units if an assessment needs to be made, this would be collected over the course of the year. City sewer may cost us a lot more, so we feel it would be in our better interest to cooperate with Varn Villa's offer. From this point forward, we would like to take on a one-year contract with them, which would free us from past responsibilities.
- A motion was made to close meeting, a second was made and meeting was called to a close.