The Condominiums at Brightside Manor Homeowners' Association
Back to Meeting Minutes
4th Annual Meeting Minutes
Meeting place: Bluebonnet Regional Library in Baton Rouge
Time of meeting: 7:10 p.m.
Association President, Greg Leumas welcomed everyone to meeting, there was a motion to start the meeting, a second was made, and the meeting was called to order. Mr. Leumas conducted meeting along with Mr. Steve Hayden, our association manager.
Kathy Muro took minutes, with Greg Muro, association Secretary.
- We started with an introduction of the homeowners. There were 20 in attendance, and everyone introduced himself.
- Reviewed: Mr. Greg Leumas over our actual and proposed budgets. Of the 120 total units, 84 units are now members of the association and 8 buildings are still not. It was proposed that our condo fees would be raised to $120.00 per month. Previously they were $115.00. The purpose for this increase is that we would like to have $30,000.00 to $50,000.00 in reserves for unforeseen expenses that may arise.
- Common Ground Maintenance: Varn Villa pays 52%. We pay 48% of the common ground maintenance. We are now current and pay our monthly fees. We pay for water usage and $19 per unit goes towards solid waste.
- Lighting Issues: There are security lights on all of the buildings. Please call and report burned out lights on buildings to association. Report burned out lights on poles to Entergy.
- Building Improvements: Regarding the installation of turbines, the cost is $125.00 per unit. These have provided by the association. There are only 4 left to be installed for all 21 buildings to be completed.
Straw in the flowerbeds are being completed at this time.
- Pest control: Please report if you see any termites, and we will let you know who maintains your building.
Meeting ended at 8:15p.m.
- Discussed the need for a lighted sign for front entrance. Or, use of reflective paint, or lollipops to designate where ditch is. Talked about recycling. The city will not do residential recycling pick up. Students would have to do their own recycling on an individual basis.
- Daniel Taylor of 1688C is our security manager. His phone number is posted on the buildings. His number is 757-8230. There were two burglaries around the Easter holidays. The use of security alarms is recommended. They will go off even if they are not monitored. There are 8 lights burned out on poles that need to be reported to Entergy. To report security problems you can e-mail at Brightsidemanorsecurity@gmail.com.
- Building 1726 Annexation: Motioned for 60 days extension to get enough votes to become part of the Master Association. This 4-plex has had a new roof put on it and has undergone a condo conversion to make it into 4 individual units like the rest of ours. They will need 56 total votes; we currently have 36 votes including proxies. They are requesting 60 days to get the remainder of the needed votes by proxy or e-mail. Mr. Warren gave a 1st motion, Katherine Perkins gave a 2nd motion and it was voted that they would be granted the 60 days.
- Pets: We have had a problem with stray cats. Please call the SPCA to report. Dog owners, please pick up after your dogs when they go potty. Jeffrey Kissel came up with the idea to have a small dog park enclosure for our association. A suggestion was made to look at Azalia Point Park for example. It would be a fenced area with an entrance gate. We discussed that this may attract unwanted guests, and that if we did go forward with this idea, we would have to post signs designating it as “Private, use for Association members only”.
- Plumbing Problems: There are some exterior leaking faucets. This may cause our water bill to be elevated. Mr. Leumas suggested that we put washer replacements on leaky faucets, and only if the faucet is broken should the association incur the expense of replacement at that time.
- Current property value: Our current property values are estimated to be between $118,500.00 to $120,000.00 each. There was however, a unit sold recently by an individual, without a realtor involved for $115,000.00. It was suggested that the best time to list your property is in March, April or May to sell by summer.
- A motion was made to close the meeting by Mr. Greg Leumas. There was a second to this motion made by Kathy Muro, and so the meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting date and time to be announced.